Work for Us
Area Sales Manager - Central UK
Hours: full time
Salary: competitive with bonus structure
Location: Field based - Central UK
Shires Equestrian are seeking a proactive Area Sales Manager to take on their Central Sales Area, covering Mid Wales, Hereford/Worcs, Warwickshire, Northants, Oxon, Hertfordshire, Essex, London. The ideal candidate must be located within the above area.
This field-based role requires an individual with a confident sales manner to take on the handling of a well-established customer base. The candidate should be target-driven, with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for promoting Shires Equestrian and its products.
Applicants must be willing to travel and stay away overnight in order to fulfil business requirements. Please note whilst the customer base for this role is located in the north, ASMs are required at head office (Leominster, Herefordshire) every other Friday.
- Appointing and visiting customers within Central England
- Maintaining and expanding existing customer base
- Promotion of new and existing products
- Problem solving and understanding customer needs
- Liaising with the office-based sales team
- Attendance at open days and trade shows
What are we looking for?
- Proven field sales record with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Positive, professional attitude
- Highly organised and able to plan appointments two weeks in advance
- Evidence of strong customer service skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent knowledge of the equestrian industry
- Able to journey plan and have an understanding of the geographical area.
Benefits of Role:
As Area Sales Manager, you will be provided with the necessary tools (e.g. mobile phone and iPad) to perform your sales duties both on the road and in the office. You will also be provided with a company vehicle. Additional benefits include regular staff events, product discount, and company benefit schemes.
About Shires Equestrian
A family-owned business since 1968, Shires specialise in apparel and equipment especially suited to the discerning equestrian at all levels. From small beginnings, the company has grown to become one of the most popular brands in the equestrian world.
Shires was granted a Royal Warrant to supply Her Majesty the Queen with equine equipment, clothing and footwear in 2009 - a reflection of its commitment to products that deliver performance and reliability. Owning full product control from design, manufacture, packaging, marketing and sales, Shires offer an exciting and varied opportunity to the right candidate.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting in subject ASM (Central)